The King Hussein Cancer Center (KHCC) Education and Training Academy provides high-quality training programs in the Middle East aligned with modern standards, teaching and learning strategies and the needs of health service providers at the national and regional levels. Ultimately, these programs contribute to building and developing the experiences and skills of participants from various specialties.
Main Academy Specializations:
Training And Professional Development For Health Care Providers
Academic Programs (Master’s And Diplomas) For Health Care Providers
Specialized Training For Participants From Outside KHCC
Specialized Training For KHCC Medical And Non-medical Staff
Education & Training Activities:
- Residency Program
The surgical residency programs have received national and international recognition for outstanding education and training experience in surgical specialties and subspecialties.
The surgical fellowship program has been accredited by the European Society of Oncological Surgery, giving our qualified fellows the opportunity to obtain further certifications and recognition.
- Residency Program – Joint Program With Islamic Hospital
The Surgery Department at KHCC is working in cooperation with the Department of Surgery at Islamic Hospital in running a five-year residency program in General Surgery. At the end of the fifth year, the candidates are eligible to sit for the Jordan Medical Council Board Exam in General Surgery.
- Fellowship Program
This program is designed to provide participants with three years of experience in Surgical Oncology. They will gain clinical skills through experience in clinics and operating rooms, attending high-quality lectures on oncology (which are held two days a week), and participating in research activities and workshops.
Master's program in cooperation with the University of Jordan Details
- Degree: Master of Cancer Care Informatics
- Healthcare professionals
- Informatics graduates
- Specialists in any field of knowledge, provided that the applicant has at least 5 years pf experience in a cancer center or department.
- Duration: two years.
- Accreditation Body: Certificate issued by KHCC and King Abdullah II School of Information Technology.
- This program is the first international Master of Care Informatics, which aims to enhance performance in the field of cancer research through informatics.
- The program aims to empower those in charge of cancer care through systematic information by using governed information strategies, engineering requirements for cancer care, and lifelong learning, in addition to a cloud information environment, cancer data analysis, and bioinformatics. Legal, social, and ethical information are also considered fundamentals of this program.
- This joint program between KHCC and the University of Jordan aims to graduate qualified students who can employ informatics to enable cancer care by all medical specialties in order to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of patient care, and advance the quality of medical care that patients receive.
Professional diploma programs in cooperation with the University of Jordan Details
- Diploma: Professional Diploma of Palliative and Home Care
- Audience: Physicians, Nurses, Physiotherapists, Healthcare providers
- Duration: 9 months
- Accreditation Body: The University of Jordan / School of Nursing
- Brochure: Click here